Big and Small Games with Sam Black
Andy and Anthony are joined by Sam Black, contender for person who has played the most paper Magic ever. They discuss the concept of “big” and “small” games of Magic Sam presented in his article Elvish Visionary VS Elderfang Disciple: The Nature Of Card Advantage. They cover the nuanced nature of card advantage, how all forms are not equal, and how different strategies aim to push games toward being big or small to maximize their cards.
Discussed in this episode:
- Glen Garry Glen Ross
- Patrick Chapin vs. Gabriel Nassif Dragonstorm Mirror Match
- Elvish Visionary vs Elderfang Disciple: the Nature of Card Advantage
- Brian Coval’s (Bosh N Roll) Two cEDH Tournament Reports One and Two
- Sam’s Articles on Hipsters of the Coast
- Drafting Archetypes Podcast
- Sam on
You can find the hosts’ Cubes on Cube Cobra:
If you’d like to show your support for the show, please leave us a review on iTunes or wherever you listen.
Musical production by DJ James Nasty.