This is our last chance to complete our Kaldheim Cube Survey! Please take a few minutes to let us know what you’re testing in your cube from the new set.
Every once in a while, something in your head clicks and the way you think about your cube changes forever. On this episode, Andy and Anthony take some time to reflect on each of their personal biggest Cube design level-up moments.
Anthony’s level ups are:
- Including many more fixing lands
- The value of hybrid cards as a counterbalance to a deep gold section
- Tuning the distribution of overlapping and non-overlapping synergies
- Focusing on play patterns instead of power level
Andy’s level ups are:
- Supporting your aggro deck
- Focusing on good decks, not good cards
- Loosening up aesthetic “balance”
- How to process pet cards and the opposite of pet cards
Because this topic is a little deeper than our normal subject matter, our hosts decide to skip the listener submitted pack 1, pick 1 segment and get right to the main discussion. Don’t stop sending in those cube lists, though!
Discussed in this episode:
No timestamps in this episode — just the main topic straight through.
You can find the hosts’ Cubes on Cube Cobra:
If you have a question for the show, or want us to do a pack 1, pick 1 from your cube, email us at [email protected]. Please include how you’d like to be credited on air, your pronouns, and if you’re submitting a cube for the pack 1, pick 1, a link to said cube.
Musical production by DJ James Nasty.