Power Cuts Both Ways
In an attempt to record a canonical episode about the concept of power level and how it applies to cube, our heroes are chatting about the advantages and disadvantages playing with the most powerful cards and effects. How is power level actually defined? How is it related to the speed and removal density of a format? What deck from Anthony’s Irregular Cube could possibly beat a deck from Andy’s Degenerate Micro Cube? Answers to all these questions and more within.
Discussed in this episode:
- The Degenerate Micro Cube
- Frank Karsten’s No limit Modern
- The Irregular Cube
- Source for average length of modern games, I cannot find source for Legacy
- The HP/Damaged Gonti Deck
- Card Kingdom Starter Cube (not an endorsement)
- The Turbo Cube
- “How would you rather lose?” Poll on the Lucky Paper Twitter Account
- Linguistic Relativity
You can find the hosts’ Cubes on Cube Cobra:
If you have a question for the show, or want us to do a pack 1, pick 1 from your cube, email us at [email protected]. Please include how you’d like to be credited, your pronouns, a link to your cube if relevant. You can also find both your hosts in the MTG Cube Talk Discord.
If you’d like to show your support for the show, please leave us a review on iTunes or wherever you listen.
Musical production by DJ James Nasty.